They are cheaper and, in my opinion, tastier than store bought protein bars.
No Bake Oatmeal Protein Bars
Makes 8 servings
2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
4 scoops protein powder (I use chocolate, but you can use any flavor)
1 tbsp. ground flaxseeds (optional)
1/2 cup water
* You can also add dried fruit and/or nuts for a variation.
1. Knead all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Line square baking pan with wax paper. Spread dough into pan using a spatula. Optional: Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on top. (I've never done this)
3. Freeze for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from freezer. Cut into bars.
5. Wrap individually in saran wrap and store in refrigerator.
The finished product.
Put them in saran wrap, and store in fridge for grab-n-go snack.
My 3:00 snack today.Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 230, Total Fats: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholestrol: 15mg, Sodium: 20mg, Total Carbohydrates: 21g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 15g, Iron: 2mg