This recipe was adapted from Fitness.com's recipe. You can do so many things with this. Change up the veggies, add different kinds of cheese, make in bulk to have on hand for quick meals. Have fun with it!
Nonstick cooking spray
1-2 tbs EVOO
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 large zucchini, cut into 3-1/2-inch strips
1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 stalk of broccoli
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs plus 6 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray the bottom of 2 shallow pans. Place bell peppers and garlic in one pan and zucchini, onion and broccoli in the other pan.
2. Lightly spray or brush vegetables with oil. Roast zucchini and onion on lower rack and bell peppers and garlic on center rack 15 minutes.
3. Remove zucchini and onion from oven. Move bell peppers and garlic to lower rack; roast about 10 minutes more or until charred. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Remove skin from peppers and garlic. Coarsely chop vegetables and garlic and place in a large bowl.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-x-1-1/2-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites, and salt. Stir egg mixture into vegetable mixture; stir in Parmesan. Pour mixture into cake pan.
4. Bake, uncovered, in oven 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
The Biggest Box of Wine I’ve Ever Seen
6 hours ago